The Laboratory is a leading applied research site. As required by the customer, the Laboratory performs long-term oxidizing and corrosion tests for the material tests at increased temperatures and in the corrosion environment with a focus on power engineering and chem-ical engineering.
The Laboratory is in possession of six special furnaces equipped with muffles of chemically resistant gastight ceramics. The furnaces are unique in terms of their capacities. They allow for long-term tests in an aggressive gaseous environment as required by the customer and for the deposit tests. Currently, these furnaces are used mainly to test materials for non-nuclear power engineering (coal-fired boilers, biomass boilers, municipal refuse incinerating plants). To test the oxidizing properties on the air at high temperatures, use is made of a common resistance and superkanthal furnace (up to 1600 °C).
The Laboratory is further equipped with an electron probe microanalyzer (EPMA) with wave dispersion spectrometers. The device is used for detailed research of corrosion layers and other chemical analyses of solid substances (structural components of materials, deposits from boilers...).
Aside from research of high-temperature corrosion, the Laboratory also performs standardized tests of inter-granular corrosion to provide complete corrosion counseling and inspection activity. It deals with cases of accidents resulting from corrosion attacks within the framework of engineering assistance.
- tests of oxidizing properties and structural stability up to 1600 °C
- tests in special atmospheres and under deposit up to 1000 °C
- tests of corrosion and intergranular corrosion as per CSN, ISO, EN, ASTM, DIN and GOST
- chemical analyses using the electron probe microanalyzer
- inspection activity (non-destructive measuring of the thickness of metallic and non-ferrous coats, ultrasonic measuring of ferrous material thicknesses, withdrawals and analyses of deposits, process measuring, and temperature recording...)
- complete counseling in the area of the corrosion of metals
Head of laboratory - Ing. Jakub Mlnařík
Phone: +420 326 509 049
Mobile: +420 721 717 532